Thursday, April 19, 2012

To Past or not past tense.....

So I decided last minute to enter the writing competition for Writer's Digest. I was going to pass on this one but I thought, what the heck. I came up with a good idea. Well at least I thought it was good, lol. Now I'm torn. I really feel this story would work well with present tense but my past tense wants to come in.

When it comes to writing fiction, I'm all about the past tense. I started writing yesterday and that past tense came in. As of right now, I went back and fixed it to present.

Has that ever happened to you where you know you should stick with a certain tense but yet the other comes through? Do I take that as a sign?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how much time you have, but maybe try in another document with the past tense. Just to see how it feels and if you like it. It might work, it might not. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, I could do that. I have until the beginning of May so I could try that. :)

      Delete