Friday, February 24, 2012

Day One

So the first night of the Women's Writer Retreat was fun. Tonight we just did a simple evening. We met at the Bed and Breakfast where we introduced ourselves and had dinner. As we ate, we got to know each other at our tables. Once that finished up, a speaker came to talk to us about her writing. Which as always, I found very useful and I wanted to write as soon as I got home.

Tomorrow is a full day event. We'll get to listen to authors, network, have lunch and dinner. Plus, there is open mic. Will I do that? I'm going to have to say no. I know I should just be brave and do it. Despite the fact I did a lot of public speaking classes in college, when it comes to my own writing, I freak out. If I know people well enough, I still get nervous. I guess I always feel like their eyes are watching me and judging me. Do they think I suck? Maybe I have a future career in writing? Maybe one day I'll brave it and get in front of people, but for now? I'll sit back in the audience and enjoy other writers.

More tomorrow about the retreat. Not sure if it will be in the afternoon or nighttime. We do get some free time tomorrow during the day but I have a feeling I'll be using that time to write.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Dana - too lazy to login. Sounds like you're gonna have a great time!! Also hoping the weather isn't coming into play and that you're having a fabulous time!! Can't wait to hear more!

    And don't worry, there's no way I'd get on the mic either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather wasn't too bad. It snowed like crazy before I left but the roads had been salted. I did wonder how it would be on the way home because that snow was non-stop tonight. When we left though, no problems.

    ReplyDelete