Sunday, August 7, 2011

Outlander Series

So I feel bad for not being on here. I need to try and get on here daily. I guess part of the reason is, I haven't had much of a life. Well at least an exciting one. I've been writing, reading, catching up with friends, and the DVR.

My hope is I can try to get on here every other day or everyday, even if it's just to talk whatever. Today's topic is Diana Gabaldon and the Outlander series. I'm only on Drums of Autumn, which is book four but I love this series and can't wait to see where it goes next.

I love the characters, Claire and Jamie. I'm always curious to know what trouble they will get into next.

The series is something different. Most book couples these days are in their twenties or thirties to have some good romance scenes. Not Claire and Jamie. Claire is near fifty years old. At her age they still have this passion for each other.

What also amazes me about the series is the research that had to be put into this. I do research yes but the facts you read in this, it's amazing. I can't help but wonder how long did she research. Did she spend hours and hours reading? Am I not doing enough?

I can't wait to see what happens next to Claire and Jamie. Have you read the series? Thoughts. Remember, I've only read up to book four, haha. I'm halfway through actually now.

I've heard samples of the musical and I want to see it now.




No comments:

Post a Comment