Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's an icy kind of day.

Nothing like going on an adventure this morning. First, I was happy that I got to sleep in. I had set my alarm early in case I had to do the driveway. I didn't think I was going to have to because there was sleet and rain involved so I didn't see much actual snow coming. So that was the good news, I didn't have to wake up early.

The next thing for me though was taking the dog out. It's never easy to take her out anyways when I first wake up because my eyes are still not focused. When you put ice in the picture? That's not always fun. I stepped onto the porch and almost went sliding. There was ice everywhere. I grabbed the railing for dear life as I walked down the steps and I was still slipping. I held Gabby as best as I could as I was going down because I didn't want her to slide down the stairs.

We finally made it to the end. The snow on the ground? I felt so bad for Gabby. She couldn't do her jump through the snow. She had to walk slow on the hard snow. Plus there is me everywhere we turn where I would fall through the snow. Imagine if you were on ice but without water. You had to watch your every step. You would have solid snow and before you know it, your foot fell into the snow and it made you almost fall.

I was very happy when we came inside. Now I just have to wait for the next trip outside with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment