Friday, February 4, 2011

A Dream Home

I was standing in a room. A room I felt like I have known before. The walls are blue and the carpet is beige. Nothing else is in the room but me. I turn to see if I’m missing something. Is there some detail, I missed? Is this where I really belong? A door opened in another room. It closed. I heard footsteps coming from the foyer. I turned to see who had entered the room.

A smile escaped my face. The man smiled back. He moved towards me. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and run my fingers through his spiky black hair. He squeezed his arms around my waist. I felt his muscles tighten around me.

His head moved back and I could see that his blue eyes matched the sky blue walls.

“So this is it?” He asked as he let go and walked around the room. I nodded my head. “It is.”

“I think we’ll be happy here.”

“I agree.” I moved to a window and saw the house across the street. I wondered if I would get along with my neighbors. His arms wrapped around my waist. His head found my shoulder. “Yup, this is definitely our home.”

Before I could reply with something like, “I love you.” There was a loud beeping noise that started above our heads. I wondered, is there smoke in our new home already? The arms that were around me have disappeared. My eyes closed. I open them back up to find myself back in bed.

I stretched out my arm to turn off the alarm. I went back to my bed. It was only a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment